At Mercy Health, we are seeking active, engaged, and enthusiastic team members who want to work closely with patients and care givers in a non-clinical role. A Medical Pre Service Specialist is a vital member of the Physician Revenue Cycle team, and is responsible for providing world class customer service to patients.
Physician Appointment Scheduler responsibilities include:
- The scheduler will complete pre-registration and financial clearance functions prior to the patient’s arrival for service at the doctor’s office.
- Validates accurate patient demographic and insurance information; obtains pre certification / authorization as required
- Calculates and informs the patient of their approximate liability and collects patient liabilities
- Identifies patients in need of financial assistance and refers the patient to a financial counselor.
- Schedules & reschedules physician appointments as necessary
Scheduling Specialist will receive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment. On-site gym with 24/7 access – including personal trainers and group fitness classes.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth-Once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Recognition-We recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
- Scheduling Specialist Requirements include:
- HS Degree Required – Associates Preferred
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in an area of pre-service (scheduling, pre-registration, financial clearance, or collections) preferred. Multiple areas of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required. Knowledge of insurance, healthcare terms and revenue cycle processes, including insurance regulations preferred.
- Ability to work with technology as necessary, including, telephone systems, Epic practice management system, insurance verification/eligibility tools, patient liability estimation tools and scanning technology.
- Articulate, personable, dependable and confident with excellent communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, builds trust and respect by exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.