This job posting is no longer active.
Must have an active license to practice respiratory care in the state of Ohio. Performs any/all diagnostic, therapeutic, prophylactic, and emergency care to all age groups under the supervision of a licensed physician in accordance with the Ohio Respiratory Care Laws and Rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients assigned. To include growth and development over the life span and the ability to assess and interpret data reflective of the patient’s status and provide care as indicated according to department policies and procedures.
2. Performs and instruct all Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with the departments policy and procedure manual, based on clinical practice guidelines from the American Association for Respiratory Care and other clinical practice guidelines.
3. Apply, monitor, records the results, and instruct in the use of medical gases and instruct on the equipment for administering medical gases.
4. Administers aerosolized medications and aerosolized humidification, and monitor and record the results.
5. Performs and instruct on bronchial pulmonary hygiene therapy, such as: PD&P, PEP therapy, Acapella therapy, suctioning and sampling of sputum for lab results.
6. Performs and instruct on volume expansion therapy, such as: EZPAP therapy
7. Apply mechanical ventilation and NIPPV, evaluating and recording results of mechanical ventilation and NIPPV.
8. Apply airway apparatuses, maintain, & instruct on airway management.
9. Obtain arterial or other blood samples for analyzing. Analyze and records/report blood and gas results.
10. Performs all diagnostic studies to include peak flow monitoring, pulse oximetry, bedside spirometry, & pneumograms.
11. Formulates an appropriate Respiratory Care plan based upon patient assessment and communicate to the healthcare team.
12. Actively participates in departmental quality assurance and hospital-wide organizational performance improvement activities
13. Code team member, trauma team, and rapid response team member. Holds certification in basic life support, NRP, PALS, and ACLS.
14. Care of an infant post-delivery (only RCPs with NRP training).
Qualifications - Minimum
Must hold a License with the Ohio Respiratory care board.
Must be CRT or RRT with the NBRC.
BLS with the AHA.
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
Must be special care nursery trained.
Hours per pay period: 40
This is a Part-Time position that covers all shifts with weekend and holiday coverage.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: All, Job Schedule: Part-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.