This job posting is no longer active.
As a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.
You’ll also need to:
· Answer and route patient phone calls.
· Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
· Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.
· Call other departments, doctors and agencies.
· Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.
· Enter patient data.
· Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.
· Schedule tests.
· Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
· Strive for the best patient outcomes.
· Recognize and report potential safety issues.
· Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.
· Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.
· Wear other hats, as needed.
Qualifications - Minimum
We’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.
Specifically, you’ll need:
· High school diploma or GED (candidate must provide verification)
· Must meet one of the following
o Completion of Medical Assisting degree, diploma or certificate, or
o Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA), or
o Three (3) years of experience working as an MA in the past five (5) years
· Electronic health record experience, a plus
· Word and Excel proficiency, a plus
Shift and Job Schedule
Weekly Hours: 40
Weekly Shift: 8:00am-5:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
People Answers Assessment:
You will be sent a separate email to take the PeopleAnswers assessment as part of the application process. Please allow 45 minutes to take the assessment. The assessment is a required part of the application process.