Implements and continuously develops onboarding for all new CDS's for mentoring and education needs. Works with department leadership to plan, develop, and implement clinical documentation education and assessment programs for CDI specialists and providers. Educates members of the CDI team on the review functions within the CDI program in order to meet and maintain enterprise goals and objectives, regulatory compliance, policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
This position is located on-site with Mercy Health, a client of Ensemble Health Partners. To learn more about Mercy Health, click the link below to apply.
- Leads and coordinates training of new CDI staff. Monitors and reports individual progress and performance
- Formulates customized education to other healthcare professionals based on audience and areas of opportunity. Audiences include, but are not limited to CDS/Coders, providers, mid-levels, nursing, dietary, Quality, etc. Education provided includes 1:1 education and/or group education
- Conducts individual and large group educational sessions for all CDI Specialists and /or providers
- Collaborates with CDE leadership and other clinicians to facilitate the ongoing relevance of department specific orientation content, educational materials and training programs/resources
- Responsible for auditing CDS's across all Mercy Health entities at designated intervals,ensuring that system objectives are met. Reports findings to leadership. Develops educational plan for individual CDS based on QA outcomes. Provides 1:1 mentoring as needed
- Assists with the development and maintenance of system CDE policies and procedures. Remain current on CDI guidelines and practices
- Serves as a key resource for accurate and ethical documenation standards and regulatory requirements
- Oversees and coordinates SMART related education, meetings, and requirements for the department and as instructed by the SMART department
This position can sit out of the following Mercy Health sites:
- Anderson Hospital
- Clermont Hospital
- The Jewish Hospital
- Fairfield Hospital
- West Hospital
- Mason - Revenue Cycle Service Center
- St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital
- St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital
- St. Joseph Warren Hospital
- St. Anne Hospital
- St. Charles Hospital
- Tiffin Hospital
- Defiance Hospital
- Lourdes Hospital
- St. Rita's Medical Center
Qualifications - Minimum
- 5+ years of experience within Clinical Documentation required
- Active OH or KY license (where applicable) required
- CCDS (Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist) or CDIP (Certified Clinical Documentation Improvement Professional) certification required
- SMART Training and Certification required
- 2 years/Associates Degree in Nursing at minimum with a 4 year/Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred; Combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
This is a Full-Time position at 40 Hours/Week on Day-Shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be a part of the revenue cycle team at Ensemble Health Partners - a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercy Health. Ensemble Health Partners specializes in providing revenue cycle solutions and creating real value for its clients by building relationships, reducing revenue cycle spend and delivering exceptional results. Ensemble partners with hospitals across the United States to make real and lasting improvements that impact the bottom line.