This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities performed. A summary of the specific skills, knowledge and behaviors of this position are: Provides direction, supervision and leadership to Nursing associates, in collaboration with the Nurse Managers and Director of Nursing, to maintain standards of care/ practice in the delivery of quality resident care on the night shifts, weekends and holidays. Functions as a representative of Administration and provides resource and guidance to Nursing and the ancillary/support departments, as well as the community.
- Revises staffing schedules and assignments of personnel in conjunction with nurse managers to provide adequate coverage to meet residents acuity requirements.
- Considers legal and confidential implications while participating in resident care decisions.
- Confers with physicians, patients, family members and/or significant others about resident care problems or follow-up care.
- Coordinates resident care requirements with available nursing resources.
- Assists in developing and implementing the philosophy, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of Community Mercy Health Partners and the Nursing Division.
- Considers age, growth and development and specific needs of patients across the life span when assigning beds for admissions.
- Responds to staff questions in a timely manner.
- Intervenes appropriately when Nursing Staff has problems/concerns.
- Guides nursing service associates through problem solving processes relating to resident care or associate relations.
- Reports personnel problems and/or issues to the Nurse Manager or Nurse Director in a timely manner.
-Provides feedback to Nurse Manager regarding job performance of associates.
- Assumes responsibility for administrative functions in the absence of facility administration, nursing managers, director or other department directors in conformity with the facility mission, policies, procedures and philosophy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of good problem solving theories.
- Facilitates growth of staff in problem solving and decision making.
- Provides direction, guidance and leadership to nursing associates through counseling, evaluation and role modeling.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and professional growth of associates and self.
- Promotes unity and collegiality in the Nursing Division by promoting supportive behavior and displaying a positive attitude.
- Participates actively in nursing managment activities.
- Provides for an environment that meets ODH, OSHA and other regulatory agencies' requirements.
- Assists in operating the Nursing Units within the established budgeting guidelines and productivity targets through adherence to staffing guidelines.
- Communicates appropriate rationale for facility financial decisions to staff.
- Promotes harmonious and effective interpersonal relationships among and between nursing unit personnel, other hospital personnel and levels of management through effective communication.
- Directs communication to the proper department regarding problems occurring on evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts in department other than nursing.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident information and the medical record.
- Protects the resident's right to privacy at all times.
- Greets patients, guests, physicians and other department personnel, answers inquiries and offers assistance in a courteous and polite manner.
- Evaluates the care of residents towards the goal of providing quality patient care within a cost conscious environment.
- Participates in evaluation of nursing associates and recommends or provides feedback to manager regarding any corrective action or commendations, as warranted.
- Provides input in the evaluation of new services, programs or equipment.
- Participates in QAPI monitoring and and programs.
-Offers opportunities for improvement to employees, as needed
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency situations.
- Assumes responsibility for attending mandatory meetings, in-services and continuing education, as opportunities occur.
- Promotes and follows written facility policies, procedures and standards.
- Keeps self abreast of changes within the facility and the nursing department by reading policies, procedures, standards, memos, email and attending department meetings.
Shift and Job Schedule
Full-Time; 36 hours/week
Nights; 7pm - 7:30am
for more info please email email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.