This position is located onsite with Mercy Health, a client of Ensemble Health Partners. To learn more about Mercy, click the link below to apply.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar
We are seeking active, engaged, and enthusiastic team members who want to work closely with patients and care givers in a non-clinical role. A Patient Access Specialist / Registrar is a vital member of the healthcare team, and is responsible for creating a patient’s medical record and gathering important information for an accurate billing process. Looking for candidates who feel comfortable working with computers, multi-tasking, are detail oriented, and who are caring and passionate about others and their work.
Be a part of the action, create a caring environment for our patients when they need comfort the most. We are looking for team members who like being busy and on their feet while staying positive and caring of others.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar Responsibilities include:
- The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for performing admitting duties for all patients admitted for services at Mercy Health
- Patient Access staff are responsible for assigning accurate MRNs, completing medical necessity / compliance checks, providing proper patient instructions, collecting insurance information, receiving and processing physician orders, collecting point of service collections as well as past due balances
- Patient Access staff are responsible for the utilization of quality auditing and reporting systems to ensure accounts are corrected.
- Patient Access Specialists are responsible for the pre-registration of patient accounts prior to patient visits.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar will receive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth-Once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. Conferences and seminars enable you to trade best practices. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities, including programs to help lower wage associates build their skills and improve their earning potential.
- Recognition-We recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar Requirements include:
- HS Degree Required – Associates preferred
- 1-2 Years Customer service experience
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle including admission, billing, payments and denials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience highly preferred
Qualifications - Minimum
Education / Certifications:
- Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Education: 2 year / Associates Degree
- Preferred Certification: CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)
- 1-2 Years of Experience Preferred
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle including admission, billing, payments and denials. Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification. Knowledge of Health Insurance requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience highly preferred. Typing speed of 45 words per minute required if applicable.
Shift and Job Schedule
Nights- 7:00pm - 7:00am EST
Rotating holidays and weekends.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.