This job posting is no longer active.
Assists patients, visitors, physicians and other staff members. Performs clerical duties including data entry, typing, filing, copying, gathering and disseminating information, etc. Performs various duties necessary to provide care and comfort for assigned patients.
1. Provides information and assistance to patients, visitors, physicians and other members of the team.
2. Assembles and maintains the medical record.
3. Provides clerical services which may include data entry, charges, typing, filing, copying, gathering and disseminating information and other related tasks.
4. Maintains equipment and patient service areas in a clean and orderly condition. Maintains supplies and storage areas in an organized manner.
5. Participates in meetings, in-services, orientation and projects as needed to maintain knowledge and proficiency.
6. Operates equipment such as fax machine, intercom, computer and other basic office machines.
7. Performs various duties necessary to provide complete care, comfort and safety for assigned patients including taking and recording of vital signs, intake and output, collecting specimens, assisting patients with activities of daily living (ADLs), turning and ambulating patients and assisting with admission database.
8. Performs courier and transport duties.
9. Communicates patient and unit information to assigned Registered Nurses.
10. Maintains confidentiality and protects patients’ rights.
11. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, and Service) of Mercy.
12. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
13. Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
14. Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
15. Provides service to all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
Qualifications - Minimum
High School graduate or equivalent.
Computer experience or completion of basic computer class. Previous health care experience preferred.
Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and patient information.
Good interpersonal skills required – must be able to interact professionally with physicians, patients and visitors.
Knowledge of basic patient care methods, procedures, techniques and medical terminology obtained through successful completion of patient care training program or previous experience. Must maintain and demonstrate required competencies.
CPR certification preferred.
Hours per pay period: 72
Hours: 6:00pm to 6:30am
Every third weekend and a holiday rotation.
Will be flexing from PCT to HUC
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Nights, Job Schedule: Full-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.