This Forensic Coder is responsible for monitoring the coding denial work queues and auditing Mercy Health Physician Revenue Cycle Coders to ensure quality work is consistently performed by each Physician Revenue Cycle (PRC) coder. This position will also perform and/or assist with special coding projects.
- Monitor and work coding denials for trends and educational opportunities.
- Committed to establishing and maintain a coding protocol to ensure that reported codes reflect actual services provided; determining coding accuracy, documentation is complete and services provided are reasonable and necessary.
- Provides training and education to providers, coders and physician revenue cycle staff in acceptable documentation practices, acceptable coding practices and regulatory requirements pertaining to coding, documentation and billing compliance as determined by Physician Revenue Cycle Coding Leadership in one-on-one education sessions, electronic learning management system modules and/or group education sessions.
- Frequently travels for educational sessions, CME events, etc
Qualifications - Minimum
Licensure / Certification:
- AAPC or AHIMA Coding Certification (CPC-A, CPC, CCS-P)
- EPIC system experience.
- PC and computer application knowledge experience.
Shift and Job Schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.