BASIC PURPOSE: Assists the operating room functions by providing clerical support and equipment and room preparation for procedures.
- Prepares equipment and room for procedures; cleans instruments, laryngoscopes, endoscopes, carts and other equipment; checks and restocks surgical suites for supplies and equipment after each case; sets up suction, maintains oxygen tank supply and secures tanks according to policy and procedure; uses appropriate cleaning methods to post or terminally clean the OR suites according to policy and procedure; obtains inpatient beds, cleans beds and replaces linen as appropriate; operates beds and stretchers and obtains oxygen tanks for transport.
- Responds to area or rooms to clean and/or set up equipment between cases; continuously monitors existing equipment and supplies, and increases or decreases when appropriate; keeps the hallways and corridors clear of obstacles; maintains stocked carts in hallways and anesthesia rooms; checks and restocks case carts/anesthesia carts as appropriate; maintains clean and soiled area, chemical supply, cleaning equipment, etc.; discards and replaces biohazards and sharps containers as needed; maintains paper towels, toilet paper and soap supplies; mops and dusts sterile core; assists in maintaining department safety by replacing outdated supplies and broken equipment; cleans storage rooms; uses appropriate PPE and cleaning chemicals at all times.
- Provides clerical support to the department by answering phones, assisting with procedure scheduling, etc.
- Transports patients and equipment safely; runs case related errands to blood bank, lab, medical records, etc.
- Completes duties before leaving the department, asks for assistance and checks needs of team prior to leaving for the day; flexes work schedule as needed to meet the staffing needs of the department.
- Assists in orientation of new employees to the surgery/recovery departments; attends required inservices and staff meetings per departmental guidelines; demonstrates competency in performing job tasks and in operating equipment on an annual basis; documents appropriate information for Steris and autoclaves
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
- CPR with BLS, obtained within 6 months of hire.
- At least two years clinical experience in an acute environment or nusing student with 1 semster of clinical rotation completed.
Shift and Job Schedule
Hours: 32 Hours/Weekly
Schedule: Day: 6:30am - 3:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.