The Health Care Associate works with his/her team partner(s), the Registered Nurse and the Hospitality Associate, to provide direct patient care. As a member of the Patient Care Team, the Associate is cross-trained to perform a wide range of essential patient services.
The Associate performs a variety of basic population-specific duties to assist in the care of the patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN). All clinical care will be done under the direction of the RN who has determined appropriate tasks for delegation. The Health Care Associate makes observations as directed by the RN and reports deviations to the RN.
Qualifications - Minimum
- High School Diploma/GED
- State-tested Nurse Assistant or completion of HCA training related to acute care setting.
- Nursing Student who has completed first semester of acute care hospital-based clinical experience.
Hours per pay period: 80
Monday Through Friday.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Other, Job Schedule: Full-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
3. Demonstrates competency in providing population specific care determined by patient populations served.
4. Obtains and records vital signs (Blood Pressure, Temperature, Pulse, and Respirations), height and weight.
5. Lifts, ambulates and transports patient. Seeks assistance as needed.
6. Positions patient and performs range of motion.
7. Anticipates patient’s needs and responds in a timely manner to patient and other caregiver requests.
8. Provides friendly assistance to patient’s family members and visitors.
9. Collects specimens (i.e., urine, stool, sputum) and ensures timely transport of specimens to the lab.
10. Reapplies oxygen therapy.
11. Performs electrocardiogram (ECG).
12. Performs simple skin / wound care as directed by the RN.
13. Performs non-medicatedenemas.
14. Observes standard precautions, hand-washing policy, Infection Control policies for Isolation, and
15. Demonstrates the use of A.I.D.E.T. during patient / family interactions.